If your HVAC system is no longer performing the way it should, you need fast, reliable AC repair services to ensure the comfort and safety of your home and family—and Staggs Plumbing is here to help. As the preferred Dallas-Fort Worth AC repair company of area homeowners, we have the experience and expertise to fix your air conditioning and help you beat the heat.
Our experienced HVAC contractors have the training and qualifications to repair all makes and models of equipment, using the latest tools and techniques.
Call Staggs Plumbing at (469) 440-9694 to schedule air conditioner service in Rockwall, Plano, Heath, Garland, and the surrounding areas, or contact us online today!
When to Call for AC Repair Service
If you pay close attention, your air conditioner will likely exhibit warning signs that something is amiss. Call Staggs if you notice any of the following:
- Lack of Comfort – If your AC is no longer able to maintain the desired temperature in your home, or excessive humidity levels are causing signs of mold or mildew growth, you may need AC repair or replacement, or a whole-home dehumidifier.
- Vents Blowing Warm Air – If you notice warm air coming from your supply vents, check the thermostat to ensure it is switched over to “Cool” and that the temperature is set correctly before calling for AC repair.
- Reduced Airflow – A lack of airflow may be caused by a clogged air filter or an issue with your ductwork, but it may also be a sign of system or component failure.
- AC Won’t Turn On – Check the breaker to see if it has blown and try resetting it. If the breaker blows again, leave the unit off and call for immediate repair.
- Water or Fluid Leakage – If you notice the presence of water pooling or fluid leakage around the base of the unit, contact Staggs for expert diagnosis to determine the cause of the issue.
- Unexplained Rise in Energy Costs – A sudden spike in energy usage is a sign that your AC is working harder than necessary to cool your home and you may need AC repair or replacement.
- Strange Noises – Rattling, buzzing, grinding, whistling, or other unusual noises can be a sign of a loose part or a more serious issue and requires a fast diagnosis and repair to prevent further damage.
- Unpleasant Odors – A musty odor may be due to the presence of mold in your ductwork or on system components, while an acrid smell can be caused by burning wires.
Contact us today for fast, accurate AC diagnosis and repair.
Common Air Conditioning Problems
Before you call for AC repair, check out these common AC problems and solutions to see if you can resolve the issue:
- Uneven Cooling – If some rooms are cooler than others, check to ensure supply vents are open and unobstructed and that all windows are tightly closed.
- Drainage Issues – The presence of water at the base of the unit may be due to a clogged drainage hose. Disconnect the hose and try flushing it out, and drain and rinse the pan before replacing.
- Ice on Outdoor Unit – A frozen coil may be caused by a clogged air filter or lack of airflow due to plants or debris around the outdoor unit.
Prevent Costly AC Repairs with Routine HVAC Maintenance
During your scheduled maintenance visit, our technician will inspect, clean, lubricate, and tune your AC to ensure optimal performance and efficiency and prevent most major repairs.
Call Staggs at (469) 440-9694 to schedule AC maintenance in Richardson, McKinney, and the surrounding areas.
Choose Staggs for Expert AC Repair Service
Staggs Plumbing is proud to offer residential air conditioning repair throughout the Dallas and Plano areas. From our competitive pricing to our first-class service, it’s easy to see why we’re a top-rated HVAC company in North Central Texas—and why you can always count on us for your cooling service needs!
Call (469) 490-1469 to schedule expert AC repair or contact us online today!