Foundation Leak Repair in Addison, TX
Water and sewer lines under your home’s foundation can crack, break, or become leaky to form what is known as a foundation (or slab) leak. Left unattended, foundation leaks can become a frustrating (and expensive) problem to solve, and they can cause mold growth within your home that puts your family’s health at risk.
What Causes Foundation Leaks?
In Addison, our soil has a lot of clay in it, which means it expands in the heat and contracts when it’s cold. This can cause your home’s foundation to shift, and as the heavy concrete slab moves, water and sewer lines can become damaged and leak over time. When built on soil with high clay content, the foundation of your house is also affected by rainfall. The clay in the soil acts as a sponge, expanding as it absorbs water, then shrinking as the water evaporates. This causes the same type of stress on pipes in your foundation and can lead to slab and foundation leaks.
How Can I Tell if I Have a Foundation Leak?
It’s difficult to know right away if you have a slab leak, since it takes some time for the water to make its way up through the foundation. Here are some things to keep an eye out for:
- Unexplained warm spots on your floors
- The sound of running water in your home when water isn’t being used by appliances or your family
- Your hot water refills when hot water isn’t being used in your home
- Puddles or dampness on your walls or floors
- Visible water damage on your walls or floors
- Moldy or musty odors around your home, or the spell of rotten eggs coming from your water
- Your water meter runs when no one is using water
- Unusual spikes in your utility bills
Staggs Plumbing Foundation Leak Detection Services in Addison
If your home has a slab leak, it’s important to work with an experienced and reputable plumbing company to locate and repair the leak in your foundation as quickly as possible. Inaccurate detection efforts can wind up causing more expenses and headaches in the long run. When a professional plumber from Staggs Plumbing visits your home to look for a leak, they will:
- Turn off the water supply to your home
- Use air to force any remaining water out of the lines under your house.
- Use a slab leak detection device to hear air escaping from cracks in your and precisely locate the source of the leak (or leaks)
Foundation Leak Repair Services in Addison
Once we’ve located the source of your leak, there are two repair options available to make the repair:
- Repairing with Tunnels: Your slab leak repair specialist will find the closest outside wall to the leak and dig a tunnel under your home to access any broken pipes. It’s a labor-intensive process that usually takes several hours to complete, based on the length of the tunnel.
- Digging Up the Concrete Slab: A commercial-grade jackhammer is used to break through the 8-15 inches of concrete that makes up your home’s foundation to access the leaking pipes.
How Much Does Foundation Leak Repair Cost and Will My Insurance Cover It?
The cost to repair a slab leak can vary widely, depending on many factors, like where the leak is located, how many leaks you have, the types of pipes you have in your home, and whether the pipes can be repaired or must be replaced. The good news is, in most cases, your homeowners insurance will pay for slab leak detection services. They’ll typically also pay to access the leak, but not for the pipe repair itself. You’ll also be responsible for whatever the deductible on your policy may be. Staggs Plumbing has a great deal of experience working directly with insurance companies to make your foundation leak repair as easy as possible for you.
Choose Staggs Plumbing for Foundation Leak Detection & Repair in Addison
With over 25 years of excellent service, our team of experienced and trustworthy plumbers is ready to help detect and repair slab leaks in your home as quickly and painlessly as possible. Our plumbing professionals are always punctual, courteous, and respectful of your home, and our great reviews show our dedication to exceptional customer service.
Over 30 Years of Service
0% financing for 36 months