Carrollton, TX Foundation and Slab Leaks Repair
Fixing Water Leaks Under Your Carrollton Home’s Foundation
Why Do We Get So Many Slab Leaks in North Central Texas?
A slab leak isn’t like most plumbing problems. Concrete slab leaks happen under or adjacent to your home’s foundation, and they must be repaired quickly. We get so many slab leaks in Collin, Dallas, and Denton counties because we have heavy amounts of clay in our soil. Weather extremes cause the clay to expand and contract, which causes our soil to shift, and that causes your foundation to “settle.”
Water pipes run under your home’s foundation. All that soil-shifting activity and moisture can cause serious plumbing damage. If water pressure gets too high, vulnerable exterior plumbing and water lines can burst. Plus, older homes may have copper pipes installed underground, which can corrode over time.
If you suspect you have a slab leak, don’t wait. Get a free quote. Call 972-379-4000 or contact Staggs Plumbing.
Signs of a Slab Leak
If there’s an unexplained increase in water use – you’ll know because your monthly bill is higher than usual – you can check for a leak by examining your water meter:
- Turn off all inside and outside faucets and the washing machine, dishwasher, etc.
- Make sure toilets aren’t running and faucets aren’t dripping.
- Remove the water meter cover. If you see movement on the dial, it might not be a slab leak, but there’s a water problem somewhere.
Any floor bulge or damp flooring inside your home is a red flag and could indicate a slab leak. Unexpected warmth on your floor or the sound of water dripping when you can’t find the source also may indicate you have a slab leak or plumbing issue.
Another sign of a slab leak – and this can pose a very serious health threat to you and your loved ones – is a sewer leak. Your water lines run through and beneath your concrete slab foundation, as do sewer lines. If you smell sewage anywhere in the house, contact your Carrollton plumbing company immediately.
Questions? Call 972-379-4000 or contact Staggs Plumbing. We’ve delivered over 25 years of superior plumbing service to Carrollton and nearby communities.
Repairing a Slab Leak
Your local plumbing professional can find the source of a slab leak then recommend a repair. Repair options include:
- Inside the house – We dig a hole through the flooring and into the foundation, then we locate and repair the broken pipe. (The process is inconvenient and can create a mess, so we try to work fast.)
- Outside the house – We tunnel under the foundation from the perimeter of the house, then we locate and repair the broken pipe. This method is less intrusive but more labor-intensive, so it may cost more. We’ll work with you to keep out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum.
Staggs Plumbing uses state-of-the-art technology and equipment to find and repair slab leaks. Call 972-379-4000 or contact Staggs Plumbing. The BBB (Better Business Bureau) gives us an A+ rating!
Your Home: Your Greatest Financial Asset
It’s likely your home is your biggest financial asset, so it makes sense to keep it well maintained. Regular plumbing maintenance is a good investment. But if you’re buying or selling a home that doesn’t pass inspection due to foundation problems, it can be stressful and expensive. We recommend:
- Have a professional foundation assessment before listing your home or before buying a home.
- If there’s an issue, perhaps the seller’s homeowners insurance will cover the repair. If not, the repair costs will be a price negotiation tool.
Staggs Plumbing is happy to provide a professional foundation assessment. Call 972-379-4000 or contact Staggs Plumbing to learn more.
Over 30 Years of Service
0% financing for 36 months