Drain Cleaning in Fairview, TX
Even the most fastidious housekeepers will occasionally face a clogged drain. Hair, soap scum, food particles, and greasy residue can build up in your pipes, slowing and eventually stopping the flow of water. It’s an unpleasant realization when you feel water climbing up your ankles while you’re taking a shower, or you remove the stopper from the sink and the dishwater just … stays there: You need a professional drain cleaning. The pros at Staggs Plumbing have the tools and experience to clear any drain, and we’ve got some tips to prevent emergency clogs, too.
How To Know if You Need Drain Cleaning
Most Fairview homeowners schedule a drain cleaning every two years to keep everything running smoothly. Drain maintenance is just smart.
When your drain is clogged, don’t wait. You should try to unclog it using safe DIY methods. Don’t dump toxic chemicals down the sink or toilet. They are bad for your family, the environment, and sometimes make matters worse.
Signs you have a drain clog include:
- Frequent clogs
- Slow-moving drains
- Water backups
- Yard puddles
Your plunger is a handy tool, and every bathroom and kitchen should have a “plumber’s helper” under the sink. If the plunger doesn’t help, try:
- Baking soda/vinegar – The easy, clean, eco-friendly way to dissolve a clog:
- Dip standing water out of the sink.
- Pour 1 cup of baking soda down the drain.
- Pour 1 cup of white vinegar down the drain.
- Seal the opening with a cover/stopper.
- Wait 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover.
- Run hot tap water down the drain.
- Boiling water – Boil about half a gallon, then slowly (carefully!) pour it down the sink. Do not do this if you have PVC pipes. It can melt them. If you aren’t sure, don’t pour boiling water into the sink.
- Disposal – If your disposal runs properly but you still have standing water, it’s likely not the problem. If the disposal is the cause of the problem, call (972) 379-4000.
10 Benefits of Clean Drains
- Adds more years to your existing plumbing system
- Eliminates and prevents odors
- Finds leaks before they become a problem
- Hydro jetting works when nothing else does
- Improves indoor air quality by eliminating mold you can’t see
- Lowers health risks from sewage backups
- Maximizes drainage
- Minimizes the risk of property damage
- Prevents clogs
- Special video cameras see problems sooner
How To Keep Drains Clean
Now you understand why clean drains are beneficial to your property and family health. You can keep your drains clean between professional cleaning too:
- Pour 1 cup of vinegar down your drains for a cleaner smell.
- Put baking soda down your drains monthly.
- Rinse your kitchen sink with hot water after cooking.
- Use strainers in all sinks and showers/baths.
- Don’t dump clog-causing foodstuffs into your disposal unit. Did you know produce stickers are one of the causes of drain clogs?
Other cloggers are:
- Bones/seafood shells
- Broken glass/metal
- Chicken skin
- Coffee grounds – Just don’t.
- Eggshells (No, they won’t “sharpen” your blades!)
- Fruit pits (There’s a reason they call them “stone fruit”)
- Greases/fats/oils – Pour them into a container/can and dispose of them after they congeal.
- Pasta/rice/oats – These foods “expand” and cause clogs later rather than sooner.
- Nuts/potato skins/sauerkraut – They form a goo in your plumbing pipes.
- Raw celery/cornhusks/kale/onion skins/spinach
Call the Plumber Fairview Homeowners Trust: Staggs Plumbing
Staggs Plumbing prides itself on transparency. We have nothing to hide, including our pricing (upfront with no surprises later).
We’re also proud of our testimonials, but the best “advertising” for our level of expertise and customer care is on other websites:
- Angi — ★★★★★
- Better Business Bureau — ★★★★★
- Birdeye — ★★★★★
- Facebook — ★★★★/☆
- TopRated® Local — ★★★★★
- Yelp — ★★★★/☆
Over 30 Years of Service
0% financing for 36 months