Slab Leak Detection & Repair in Royse City TX
Water and sewer lines under your home’s foundation can crack, break, or become leaky to form what is known as a slab leak. Left unattended, foundation leaks can become a frustrating (and expensive) problem to solve, and they can cause mold growth within your home that puts your family’s health at risk.
If you think your Royse City home may have a foundation leak, don’t delay, contact Staggs Plumbing at (972) 379-4000 now.
What Causes Slab Leaks?
In Royse City and North Central Texas, our soil has a lot of clay in it, which means it expands in the heat and contracts when it’s cold. This can cause your home’s foundation to shift, and as the heavy concrete slab moves, water and sewer lines can become damaged and leak over time. When built on soil with high clay content, the foundation of your house is also affected by rainfall. The clay in the soil acts as a sponge, expanding as it absorbs water, then shrinking as the water evaporates. This causes the same type of stress on pipes in your foundation and can lead to slab and foundation leaks.
Hot Texas Summers with No Rain
Typically, North Texas has an average rainfall of over 30 inches per year. Unfortunately, in both 2011 and 2014, annual rainfall dropped below 20 inches and caused severe drought conditions. Hot weather and low rainfall mean the soil under your house was deprived of normal amounts of water, which results in clay shrinkage. You can combat this shrinkage by running drip irrigation around your home during times of low rainfall.
Water Pipes and Your Home’s Foundation
Water lines from the water utility company of Royse City run underground from the street to your home. To then reach the fixtures in your home, they are run through the concrete slab your home rests on. The next time you pass a house that’s under construction, take a moment to look at how the water lines are run through a framed box that will become part of the foundation. Once the foundation is poured, the pipes are totally encased with concrete. This gives the pipes no room to move along with the soil under your home as it expands and contracts.
If you’re worried about the condition of your Royse City area home’s pipes, contact Staggs Plumbing at (972) 379-4000 now for 24/7 emergency plumbing service.
How Can I Tell if I Have a Slab Leak?
It’s difficult to know right away if you have a slab leak, since it takes some time for the water to make its way up through the foundation. Here are some things to keep an eye out for:
- Unexplained warm spots on your floors
- The sound of running water in your home when water isn’t being used by appliances or your family
- Your hot water refills when hot water isn’t being used in your home
- Puddles or dampness on your walls or floors
- Visible water damage on your walls or floors
- Moldy or musty odors around your home, or the spell of rotten eggs coming from your water
- Your water meter runs when no one is using water
- Unusual spikes in your utility bills
If you notice any of these foundation leak warning signs in your home, contact Staggs Plumbing at (972) 379-4000 right away.
Staggs Plumbing Slab Leak Detection Services
If your home has a slab leak, it’s important to work with an experienced and reputable plumbing company to locate and repair the leak in your foundation as quickly as possible. Inaccurate detection efforts can wind up causing more expenses and headaches in the long run. When a professional plumber from Staggs Plumbing visits your home to look for a leak, they will:
- Turn off the water supply to your home.
- Use air to force any remaining water out of the lines under your house.
- Use a slab leak detection device to hear air escaping from cracks in your pipes and precisely locate the source of the leak (or leaks).
Contact Staggs Plumbing at (972) 379-4000 for professional foundation leak detection services.
Slab Leak Repair Services
Once we’ve located the source of your leak, there are two repair options available to make the repair:
- Repairing with Tunnels: Your slab leak repair specialist will find the closest outside wall to the leak and dig a tunnel under your home to access any broken pipes. It’s a labor-intensive process that usually takes several hours to complete, based on the length of the tunnel.
- Digging Up the Concrete Slab: A commercial-grade jackhammer is used to break through the 8-15 inches of concrete that makes up your home’s foundation to access the leaking pipes.
Contact Staggs Plumbing at (972) 379-4000 to learn more about our foundation and slab leak repair services in Royse City.
How Much Does Slab Leak Repair Cost and Will My Insurance Cover It?
The cost to repair a slab leak can vary widely, depending on many factors, like where the leak is located, how many leaks you have, the types of pipes you have in your home, and whether the pipes can be repaired or must be replaced. The good news is, in most cases, your homeowner’s insurance will pay for slab leak detection services. They’ll typically also pay to access the leak, but not for the pipe repair itself. You’ll also be responsible for whatever the deductible on your policy may be. Staggs Plumbing has a great deal of experience working directly with insurance companies to make your foundation leak repair as easy as possible for you.
If your insurance company needs an estimate as a part of your claim, call Staggs Plumbing at (972) 379-4000, we can give you a free quote.
Selling Your Royse City Home
House prices have really gone up recently, which makes selling your home seem like a great way to get a nice return on your investment. Most buyers are aware that slab leak repair can cost $10,000 or more, so they bring in a foundation engineer to assess the health of your home’s foundation before buying so they can potentially use the results as a negotiating technique.
You can avoid being caught off guard by this foundation inspection by doing two things:
- Have your foundation assessed by a licensed plumber. This is a great way to market your home as foundationally secure.
- If an issue is located during your inspection, have it repaired. Your homeowners insurance policy will cover a portion of the costs, which saves you from needing to reduce the selling price of your home.
Choose Staggs Plumbing for Slab Leak Detection & Repair in Royse City
With over 25 years of excellent service, our team of experienced and trustworthy plumbers is ready to help detect and repair slab leaks in your home as quickly and painlessly as possible. Our plumbing professionals are always punctual, courteous, and respectful of your home, and our great reviews show our dedication to exceptional customer service.
For top-notch foundation leak detection and repair services, contact Staggs Plumbing at (972) 379-4000 today
Over 30 Years of Service
0% financing for 36 months