Whether you need a water heater for your new home in Dallas, or you think it may be time to replace your aging unit, Staggs Plumbing can help. We provide water heater installation and replacement services to ensure you always have hot water when you need it.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Water Heater
You might be putting off a water heater replacement, but if you notice any of these signs, you could benefit from installing a new water heater in your Dallas home.
- Age: A gas water heater typically lasts between eight and 12 years, while an electric model may last up to 15 years. Tankless water heaters are known to last as long as two decades. If your unit has reached the old age threshold corresponding to its type, consider looking into replacement options.
- Water quality: Rust-colored water flowing from the tap might mean the tank has begun to corrode. Failure may be imminent, so call a plumber for help diagnosing the problem and replacing the water heater if necessary.
- Water temperature: Under normal conditions, you shouldn’t run out of hot water. If this is happening, your water heater could be on its last leg.
- Odd sounds: Clanging, popping, whining, or other strange noises are signs you should call a plumber. While a repair may be possible, unusual sounds coupled with old age and other problems might mean it’s time to install a new water heater.
- Leaks: Puddles around the tank are a sure sign that your water heater is reaching the end of its lifespan. The tank may be rusting through, which calls for an immediate replacement before it fails catastrophically.
Have you seen these warning signs? If so, call 972-379-4000 or contact us online for water heater replacement service today!
How to Choose a Replacement Water Heater
When the time comes to install a new water heater, Staggs Plumbing can help you make the right selection. Here are some of the factors to consider when shopping for a new water heater:
- Fuel type: Water heaters can run on natural gas, electricity, fuel oil, geothermal energy, propane, and solar power. Consider what fuel will work best for you based on availability and cost.
- Size: If you install an undersized water heater, you could end up running out of hot water frequently. Likewise, an oversized tank might cost more than necessary to operate. We can help you size your new appliance to meet your family’s hot water demands.
- Energy efficiency: Water heating is the second highest utility cost after space heating and cooling, so it pays to find a model that offers energy savings over the long run. The yellow EnergyGuide label found on all new models makes it easy to compare efficiency ratings.
- Style: Instead of immediately deciding on a storage water heater simply because that’s what your existing model is, consider the features and benefits of tankless water heaters. These are much more efficient than traditional tanks and could be just what you need to lower your water heating bills.
- Cost: More advanced water heaters, including tankless versions, tend to cost more upfront, but they deliver lower operating costs over their lifetime. We can help you compare the purchase price of different water heaters to their annual operating costs to discover which model will save you the most money in the long run.
Contact Staggs Plumbing for Water Heater Installation & Replacement in Dallas, TX
The team at Staggs Plumbing has been installing, replacing, and servicing water heaters for over 30 years. In that time, our customers in the Dallas area have come to know us by our reliability, professionalism, and affordable services.